STEP Grant Overview
The Safety Training & Education Program (STEP). The STEP program assists North Dakota associations and employee organizations with financial assistance to promote safety practices through safety training and education in an effort to reduce occupational injuries and accidents. Approved associations and employee organizations can receive financial assistance up to $175,000 to promote occupational safety training and education.
If you have questions about the grant or the process please contact the Grant Programs Specialist at 701-328-3868.
Associations eligible to participate in the STEP Grant must meet the following requirements:
- Active and in good standing with the North Dakota Secretary of State for at least one year
- Applications must have a high emphasis promoting occupational safety training and education to reduce injuries and accidents.
- Speak with our Grant Programs Specialist regarding your proposed grant application
- Obtain prior approval for keynote speakers/instructors
- Submit a STEP Grant Application at least 90 days prior to the event