In January 2013, WSI issued a Provider Bulletin detailing criteria for the workability assessment program. Based on provider feedback, the following are new criteria for a workability assessment with dates of service after January 1, 2014.
Workability Assessment Criteria
- Allowed one assessment every 2 weeks, without prior authorization
- Scheduled within 2 days of a physician visit to assist providers in determining capabilities
- Utilized to accurately determine capabilities of the injured worker
- Warranted only if the injury results in job restrictions
- Required separate report, identifiable as the workability report, even if the assessment is completed on the same day as other therapy
- Billed using CPT® code 97750
- Allowed maximum of 3 units (45 minutes)
If you have questions about this article, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.