On an accepted claim, WSI pays for reasonable, necessary and work-related medical care prescribed by your provider. Certain services, including durable medical equipment (DME), require approval from either your claims adjuster or the Utilization Review department as outlined in the Utilization Review Guide.
- You may have to pay for your prescription while you claim is pending.
- Please save your receipt(s) for prescriptions as you may be reimbursed by the pharmacy if your claim is accepted.
- WSI is unable to reimburse you directly for your prescriptions.
- If your claim is accepted, you will receive a pharmacy card to fill future prescriptions for your work injury
- Contact your pharmacy to find out if they are a participating pharmacy with WSI. You may also contact WSI or use the Pharmacy Locator to find a participating pharmacy.