WSI recently published a new documentation policy, Evaluation and Management Services. This policy aligns with both the American Medical Association (AMA) 2021 and 2023 CPT® Evaluation and Management (E/M) Code and Guideline Changes.
The policy outlines WSI’s documentation requirements for the following E/M services:
- Office and Outpatient Services (99202-99215)
- Prolonged Services (99358, 99359, 99417, 99418)
- Hospital Inpatient and Observations Care Services (99221-99223; 99231-99239)
- Emergency Department Services (99281-99285)
- Nursing Facility Services (99304-99310, 99315, 99316)
- Home or Residence Services (99341, 99342, 99344, 99345, 99347-99350)
If you have questions about this article, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to sign-up to receive email notifications of the latest Medical Provider News. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.