Medical Treatment Guidelines
Workforce Safety & Insurance (WSI) has adopted treatment guidelines to use in the utilization review and claim management process. The treatment guidelines are evidence based and developed primarily from Work Loss Data Institute’s Official Disability Guidelines (ODG). By adopting these guidelines, WSI ensures the use of the latest available medical evidence to facilitate optimal treatment decisions for an injured worker. Medical providers should be familiar with the guidelines and follow the recommendations.
Below are medical/surgical procedures for which WSI has developed guidelines. WSI will continuously add more procedures to the list as treatment guidelines are developed.
Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection Guidelines (as of 12/16/2015)
Lumbar Fusion Surgery
- Lumbar Fusion Surgery Guidelines (as of 07/28/2015)
- Chronic Opioid Therapy Medical Policy (as of 04/01/2016)
- Ongoing Management of Opioids Guidelines (as of 03/14/2016)
- Sacroiliac Injections (Diagnostic and Therapeutic) Guidelines (as of 12/29/2015)