First Fill Program
The First Fill Program allows a pharmacy to dispense medication immediately to a worker while ensuring payment to the pharmacy. Under this program:
- Date of first fill must be within 30 days of date of injury
- A pharmacy must contact US Script® with the following information:
- Patient’s name (first and last)
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Must use the actual patient’s SSN
- Date of injury
- Employer’s name
- Workers are allowed one first fill every six months, regardless the number of claims filed
- Not all medications are covered. This includes any medication that requires a prior authorization (PA). For a complete list see Formulary/Medication Restrictions.
- A pharmacy receives payment for the initial prescription of seven days, not to exceed a total of $100
For further assistance on the First Fill Program, please contact US Script® Help Desk at 844-895-0395.