Incident and Injury Reporting
To ensure the best outcome for the injured employee and the correct medical treatment, it is important to report incidents and injures in a timely manner. Once incidents and injuries are reported, they can be investigated and possibly prevent a reoccurrence. Reporting requires clear instructions so employees know how and what to report.
Considerations for reporting
- What type of injury should be reported?
- When should an injury be reported?
- Who do you report the injury to?
- What if the employee is not at work, how to make a report?
- What happens if the employee is working away from the normal work area?