The goal of the Safe Lift Program is to identify and minimize manual lifting that contributes to low back injuries.
Low back injuries are prevalent in the workplace based on the following information:
- Oldest & most recognized occupational health problem
- Accounts for 1/3 of all comp costs
- 80% - 90% of U.S. adult population will suffer from lower back pain
- Nearly 75% of all workers will miss work because of lower back pain
- Estimated cost is $20 - $50 billion yearly.
- Low back injuries are the second most common:
- Medical complaint
- Reason for a doctor visit
- Reason for missing work
Resources to Implement a Safe Lift Program