Small Account Credit/Debit Program
North Dakota Workforce Safety & Insurance (WSI)'s Small Account Credit/Debit program is applicable to all policyholders that do not qualify for experience rating. The goal of this program is to create incentives for small businesses to manage their claims and implement safety programs. An account must be in their fifth year of operation in order to qualify for this program and cannot have a total premium of $15,000 or more during the 3-year look back period. If an account has total premium of $15,000 or more it would qualify for experience rating.
- Annually, WSI will automatically identify qualifying policyholders based on established premium and policy periods.
- Any claim under $250 will not have an effect on the premium.
- If there are no claims over $250, the account will receive a 10% discount (credit).
- If there is one claim over $250, no discount or surcharge will be applied.
- All additional claims over $250 will result in a debit (surcharge) of 5% per claim up to a maximum of 25%.
- Discounts may not reduce the premium below the statutory minimum premium of $250.
For more information on this program, see the Small Account Credit/Debit Program brochure.